Friday, February 1, 2008

Attention all Jamba newbies!

Oh, shoot...
I'm starting to think that I may have made a mistake when I decided I'm going to major in electrical engineering. I'm taking an engineering class right now called Introduction to Computer Systems and it's totally kicking my trash. It seems like everyone in the class knows so much more than me. They already knew what the heck a D-latch flip-flop switch was and I'm sitting there in my seat with my head swelling up trying to follow all the questions being asked.

I have to leave for work in about an hour. I'm not looking forward to work today because 7 and a half hours at Jamba Juice is not fun. Here are some tips for ordering at Jamba Juice:

  1. Do not order the enlightened smoothies, except maybe the Strawberry Nirvana. The lower calorie base that is used to substitute two thirds of the juice is disgusting.
  2. Do not order the all fruit smoothies. Sure, they might be healthier because they don't have the sherbet or frozen yogurt in them but what isn't healthy at Jamba Juice (except the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Moo'ds)? More importantly, it's a real pain for us to blend the all fruit smoothies because the blades get stuck more often from the lack of frozen dairy.
  3. We ask you for your name so we can call you when your smoothie is ready. LISTEN FOR YOUR NAME. I don't know how many times I've yelled someone's name and they didn't hear me because they were so busy chatting it up with their friends. You're here for your smoothie so at least keep one ear open, especially when the store is fairly empty and quiet.
  4. Tip. Lord knows we don't get paid nearly enough, especially in Utah where the minimum wage is ridiculously low. Even a little loose change is better than nothing. Some people are heartless.
  5. Don't try to pay with a stolen credit card. If you insist on trying, at least have a fake ID because we WILL check! (That lady yesterday was crazy... haha)

No comments: