Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Baby steps

So, I'm pretty dang proud of myself. Yesterday, I woke up and got myself up to the library where I studied for 4 to 5 hours straight. And yesterday was a holiday! I would've stayed 3 more hours, but someone from work called asking if I could cover the last 2 hours of her shift because she was feeling sick, so I went to work as well. Then, today, I went to the library again and did even more studying for a couple hours.

I'm sad to say that, today, I finished one homework assignment. And it took me 3 hours.

My brain just about collapsed onto itself. After 3 hours of mind numbing calculus (and getting half the questions wrong after doing a page's worth of work for each question), I started to get hungry. I tried to ignore it, but, with my mind already worn out, it wasn't about to happen. After about 15 seconds, I decided I'm not about to get any more work done so I came home.

Now, despite the whole giving up on homework thing, I'm happy because I think I'm finally able to motivate myself to study. I always liked the feeling of getting all my studying done for the day, but I always had trouble holding onto that feeling and using it to get myself to study.

I'd like to get to the point where I'm ahead in all my classes but we're taking baby steps here, people.

No comments: