Friday, February 22, 2008

My angry list

I need to vent.

Ever since this semester started, certain people have been irritating me to no end. I couldn't think of what had changed that had me more agitated this semester than the last. I thought, at first, that it was their behavior. Then, I started to think that it might be me. I have to admit, I held in a lot of things last semester. I'm usually good about letting things go, but maybe I've reached my limit.

Today, while I was at work, I realized what it was about these people that was so annoying. In fact, I even made an entire list. It was really slow today so I had more than enough time. So, here is the list, from most irritating to list:
  1. People who call me a liar. Trust me. If I'm lying, I have a very good reason. Unlike everything else, I will not let this go. I'll even let you go if you hit me, but call me a liar, and you're a dead man.
  2. People who do not know when to shut the hell up. I'm not saying I just want us to sit in silence, but, sometimes, the conversation comes to a comfortable lull. Why do some people understand insist on talking all the damn time?
  3. People who try too hard to be heard. Don't laugh extra loud. I can tell it's fake, and it's just annoying when you start making a comment or laugh at every single moment that there is a slight break in the conversation. What are you doing? Why are you being so loud? Stop it.
  4. People who try too hard to impress people. It's stupid. No one likes a show off.
  5. People who insist on being involved in everything. If I say that it's OK and that I don't need your help, leave it at that. And do not make me repeat an entire story or joke just because you only heard the punchline and you want to laugh too.

I should probably stop it at that. Since, I don't actually say these things, this blog is the only outlet I have, and I could probably write down about 5 more things, but I won't subject you to my negativity.

The worst part is that this one guy I know hits everything on this list except the first one, which is the only reason why he's still alive.

No comments: