Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ugh. Honestly,

I can't believe some people.

I try to be a kind, understanding, and forgiving person, I really do. I also try my best not to be confrontational, though on the inside I might really love to give someone a piece of my mind. I'm pretty good at avoiding confrontations, I think, but it comes at a price; I get a lot of frustration stored up in me, and I'm usually pretty good about finding an appropriate outlet for when the frustration starts to get overwhelming but, every once in a while, it just gets unbelievable hard.

I think the problem is that I can't distinguish when I'm being nice and when I'm being a pushover. Where is the line between a kind person and a doormat? It seems like I need to draw a different line for every person I meet because someone people will notice that I'm just being nice while others will be completely oblivious to the fact that they're being a complete bitch, and the fact that I don't know how to draw that line for just a single person doesn't help at all.

There's got to be a better way to deal with this. As of this moment, am I the nice guy or the pushover?

The answer: NEITHER.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Passiveness is a genetic Korean trait. Unless they're drunk and they become aggressive. Good luck with finding your balance, I still haven't found mine.