Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Time to break out the shorts!

Get the crap out, winter! It's time for spring!

This morning, as I was walking up to campus, I was sweating even though I was wearing just two very light layers. It was nice and sunny, and there wasn't a single pile of snow in sight. Ok, that was an exaggeration, but there was very few piles of snow, and by very few, I mean like one, maybe two. It was amazing. I haven't seen so much grass since before Thanksgiving break - and New Year's but then I went home to L.A. for New Year's so it doesn't count. I'm excited to wear shorts tomorrow and maybe even my sunglasses (hooray!).

Did anyone else notice how winter never seems to end? Spring is just a transition between winter and summer. Summer doesn't feel like it lasts nearly long enough because there is a deadline to get so much fun done. Fall is nice because it's cool and windy, but there is always that evil Winter that is getting one day closer. The first day of snow is pretty nice, but once the snow starts piling up and it starts to hurt to go outside, I want it to be over, but it just doesn't go away. Everyday, I'm waiting for spring to hurry and come, but it's not Spring's turn yet. He's (she?) going to have to wait until Winter's turn is over.

I think I'm going to try and convince my roommies to play tennis with me today :)

No comments: