Saturday, December 22, 2007

This is not a movie review


Today, I found myself with a lot of time in my hands with fall semester over and all. I was just mulling around, doing my laundry, surfing the internet, taking pictures outside, etc., and I came across this movie that one of my housemates had left behind. I thought I'd watch it because I hadn't watched it yet, though I had been meaning to for over a year.

Little Miss Sunshine is a movie that, I think, most people are able to identify with. The family in this movie has its problems and what they go through - both the good and the bad - is so true to life (I guess except when they sneak the grandfather's body out of the hospital...). At the end of the movie, I felt a little more peaceful than I'd been the last couple of weeks. My family is having some problems right now that we are trying to work out and I feel a little more positive about the whole thing.

I never really knew as much as I know now that every family has it's problems, and it's completely normal. No, it's not desirable, but it's OK. I think it's just another challenge in our lives that we can choose to try and overcome or not. Elaborating on what I wrote in my last post, we should to live our lives for others, especially our families. If I can help overcome my family's challenges, our lives will become so much better, and when I get married and have children, they'll be born into a family not without its problems but certainly less.

Look at the hottie in the tight jeans. Look at the pipe dreams. Look at the fat man burst at the seams. Look at the captian with the galaxy right off his balcony. Look at the science and the alchemy. Look at the sirens on the cop cars. Look at the pop star. Look at the convicts filing the bars. Look at the wife. Look at the knife. Look at the pom-pom prom queen scream and scream and run for her life.

It's always right, the perfect light in the dark of night. Give up the world. Give up your life 'cause you cannot fight the television.

Look at me hypnotized and half alive. Maybe it's four or five. Some parts are sleeping. Some parts are paralyzed. The television, television.

No comments: