Saturday, December 15, 2007

Loans schmoans

I. Hate. Loans. I'm trying to apply for a loan for my tuition and it is so unnecessarily complicated. Why can't I just fill out ONE application and then be told whether or not I got the loan? Why do they have to know how much in grants I expect to have four years from now and why do they expect me to know this? Is it really necessary that they know how much I spend per year on entertainment? And why does the entire process have to be in a billion parts with a 2 business day wait in between each part? This is so stupid. I'm very upset because I've been trying to work on getting this loan for so long.

I've just had a thought. I'm planning on serving a mission for 2 years starting August of next year. I don't have any money saved up for it and I've been planning on working while going to school next semester but if I go to school part time, I would be able to save up more money. My dad won't be happy about it because he wants me to concentrate on studying but its all about priorities.

What's most important? Even though my classes important, it means a lot that I pay for my mission on my own. I'm not feeling very independent at this point, and I think paying for even just a part of my mission will make my life a little more significant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kiddo- You are 18. You aren't independent. I agree with your dad though, you should focus on your education. You don't want to be stuck here for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. The mission is long, and the desire to pay for it is good, but you have to be realistic. You aren't going to make $4000 between now and August. Not on a Utah salary. DOn't forget that minimum wage here is $6.50... good luck...