Sunday, December 9, 2007

I want that for Christmas

So I've been thinking about Christmas and about how I still haven't done any Christmas shopping at all. Then, I started thinking about how the consumerism during the holidays is just disgusting. It's as if we're unable to show our appreciation for someone without buying something that's ridiculously overpriced and going to be obsolete in a matter of months. This goes the other way as well. Why can't we appreciate it if someone gets us a gift that may not exactly be the most expensive gift but is a well meant gift.

I might have thought this because I don't exactly have enough money to buy gifts for anyone and I don't want people to feel bad. Christmas shopping is so hard and time consuming. Why can't I just buy orange chocolate balls for everyone?

2 comments:

Treeling said...

uhm... you can buy me an orange chocolate ball for christmas. I love orange chocolate balls!!!!!! lol

Cathy said...

i second heidi...orange chocloate balls are amazing...