Saturday, March 1, 2008

This might be a movie review

We ended up watching I Am Legend (am I supposed to italicise movie titles?) after reading reviews for Vantage Point and Jumper. I had heard mixed opinions about I Am Legend. Some people said it was a bit disappointing. My roommate, Andy, thought it was stupid that "nine tenths of the movie has Will Smith by himself" and that "there was no dialogue." Mattie thought it was good and that she was willing to watch it again with us. Since Andy wasn't going to be watching a movie with us and Mattie was, we decided to watch I Am Legend.

I thought it was good. I don't understand why Andy didn't want to see it again, especially because it was only a dollar. I totally would've watched it.

*****SPOILER ALERT!!!
Did anyone else think it was really sad when Sam died? I mean he was the last human before, but when she died, seriously, that was sad. If my tear ducts weren't out of practice, I would've cried (OK, maybe my heart broke just a little bit).
*****END SPOILER ALERT

So, yeah. Fun movie. I want to write about so much more but it's past midnight and my creative juices are at a standstill, and I could write on and on about many, many things. So, maybe I'll save this material for when I don't have anything to write about. For now, good night!

2 comments:

Miss Nesbit said...

Yes, you do italicize movies (you can also underline them if you would like, just not both at the same time). Also, I agree when Sam dies it is quite sad. First time I saw it I cried, definitely. But since I've seen it many times now, I know what happens. I'm glad that you followed a better friend's advice (like not listening to Andy). Let's just admit... sometimes he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Anonymous said...

I didn't care for that movie, but that's mostly because I had read the book and had high hopes for the movie as a result. Unfortunately the only things the movie and the book had in common were the title and the VERY GENERAL premise. Other than that, two completely different entities. And I thought the book was way better. But had I not read the book, I may have been less disappointed in the movie.

Also, I was definitely on the verge of crying when Sam died.