Saturday, March 8, 2008

My brain!

The stereo at work has been broken for a while, so instead of listening to an iPod, we've been using a small boombox to listen to CD's the workers bring. Yesterday, we listened to a CD that one of the kids brought in because we were tired of the "Songs About Jane" album by Maroon 5. It was a mix of garage band type, mainstream, pop rock music that high schoolers typically listening to, which, honestly, I don't really mind. But, on the CD, there was this song.

Oh, the song... It was terrible. Everytime it came on, I cringed as the boombox sanded my brain into nothingness with a sappy, teenage remake of "Hello Goodbye" by The Beatles. It was absolutely disgusting. The singer's voice was whiny and annoying and high and everything else that could possibly be wrong with this world. I could not possibly overstate how bad it was even if I were blessed to be born with a dictionary lodged in my head and the ability to eloquently string together every word in it to describe the nauseating rendition of a perfectly good song.

"Hello Goodbye" is now forever ruined for me.

1 comment:

Mary Witzl said...

I was never all that fond of the original, so this sounds like it must have been pretty awful.

I hate sappy, high, wheedly voices. My kids are crazy about Visual K bands from Japan and J-rock. I'm not crazy about that kind of music, but it does beat needle-thin high, whiny voices. But then so does just about anything.