Friday, January 4, 2008

An adventure, at the very least

**I can't seem to add lines nor any indentaion in between the paragraphs so please bear with me while I attempt to figure out why it's doing that.**


So, on December 31, which was a Monday, I took a Greyhound bus back home to Los Angeles. I impulsively bought a ticket, and it was a big mistake. My parents were glad to see me but it was not very fun for me. I was supposed to board the bus on Monday night at 7:30 but I ended up waiting until 9:30 because the bus was late. Then, at Las Vegas, I was supposed to transfer buses at 1:35 Tuesday morning but since the bus was late to Provo, we got to Las Vegas at 3:00 in the morning and missed the bus. They didn't have any sort of compensation for us for a mistake that they made. We all had to wait until 6:45 that morning for the next bus which completely sucked.
Las Vegas is an interesting place. Time went by quickly enough. As I was sitting at the bus station for 4 hours, I counted at least 3 fur pimp coats and at least 5 crazy people. Also, a guy was trying to pick a fight with two other guys who had walked into the station. There were yelling and sirens. It was quite the 10 minutes.
So anyways, the ride sucked. I was supposed to get into Los Angeles at 8:30 on Tuesday morning but got in at 12:40. I wanted to go meet my mom that day, or at least a friend, but I was way too tired and slept until 7:00 that evening after I had a little lunch. On Wednesday, I went to the Third Street Promenade at Santa Monica Beach with one of my very close friends and went shopping. I bought two pairs of pants, one of which were an amazing pair and on sale for only $9.99. Afterwards, my family and I went out to eat sashimi for dinner.
On Thursday, I rode the subway/train to Long Beach to my mom's store. I add the slash because it started as a subway train and then went above the ground. One of the stops on the train was at Compton. How fun. Needless to say, there were some crazy characters on the train. I can't say I'm not used to these crazy people though. I grew up in L.A. and I've seen plenty of questionable people. After I visited my mom, I came home and my family went out to have some Korean BBQ at a new place. Service was excellent and the food was decent.
On Friday (today), I woke up at 4:00 this morning, left the house at 5:00, and got to the airport at 5:20. I tried to get my ticket (because we bought my ticket online), but they said I was a "no show" for the flight to Los Angeles, so my return flight was cancelled, and to make my reservation, they were going to have to charge me $45. Now, I wasn't aware of this policy but I wasn't about to risk missing my plane back to school for $45, but my dad was. He argued for so long, while I was standing there getting very frustrated.
So, long story short, I did have fun with my friend and my family, but everything else absolutely sucked. It's getting late and I'm sure I'm leaving out a lot of details, making this post a lot less interesting than what I'd like, but I'm tired. Good night.

When I was younger, so much younger than today, I never needed anybody's help in any way. But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured. Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down and I do appreciate you being round. Help me, get my feet back on the ground. Won't you please, please help me?

No comments: