Thursday, November 1, 2007

The wonders of planning

So I've been told by several people that I need to buy myself a planner. Certainly, if I used a planner, I'd be less prone to forgetting 3 tests. If I used one, that is. I've had several planners and/or to-do lists. The problem with these things is that I think it's too much of a hassle to have to carry them around, and be constantly pulling it out to check it or to write something down. Besides, even if I did use it, I seem to think that I'll be able to remember things. Like if a professor were to tell me that there is an extra credit opportunity, I would probably remember it. Or at least that's what I think but no. I forget about half the time. I'm not sure why, after forgetting about these things so many times, I still feel like I'm going to remember to do things.

Tomorrow, I'm buying a planner and I'm going to write in it constantly.

Today's been an ok day for me. I got a good portion of my programming lab done. I was hoping to have it finished today but the T.A.s were not responding to my constant flagging on the help program. It may have had to do with the fact that there were about 40 people in the lab all wanting help at the same time. Maybe... I'm still annoyed about it though. Anyways, since I didn't finish it today, that means I'm going to the lab early tomorrow morning.

I was good about games/TV today. Played 2 games of Halo and didn't watch TV at all. That's not to say I got much studying done but it's definitely an improvement. We just had about 6 people in the living all playing and/or watching people play Halo, and I've somehow been able to ignore it.

Note to self, though: Don't buy fast food. I've had bad stomach pains after eating a burger, fries, and chocolate shake from the Malt Shoppe down the street. It might be because I ate it late, around 10:30. I've noticed that when I eat greasy foods later, I have stomach problems. I think I'm getting old because I've never had a problem with eating greasy foods regardless of what time it was. The 18 year old says he's getting old. Hilarious.

Anyways, if I stop buying fast food, I'd be saying money and being healthy. Two birds with one stone. Frozen bags of popcorn chicken and fish sticks don't count though. If you bake them in the oven, they can hardly be called fast food. And I would starve if they did count.

I think this Saturday, I should spend quite some time cleaning my room and organizing it a little bit. It's starting to get unmanageable. I also need to buy some more hangers. Ever since my dad sent my winter clothes, there has been a shortage of hangers. I forsee a trip to Walmart in the future.

No comments: