Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I need more time!

So I've been home since Saturday night for Thanksgiving weekend. I'm having fun and all but I can't help but have this unsettling feeling, like I should be studying or something. The fact that I skipped two days of classes is probably adding to that. When I get back, I have a chemistry and programming test to take as well as a paper due for my Human Development class so I'm feeling very wary of this impending doom. On the bright side, there are basically only 3 more weeks of classes left until the semester is over.

While I've been home, I've been able to indulge myself in things that I don't have in Utah. In-N-out, homemade Korean food, awesome restaurants, a car, very many malls, a desktop. The thing I've missed the most I think is having a subscription to Time magazine. I didn't realize that Time was basically my main source of news. I don't really read the newspaper or watch the news but I do read Time from cover to cover. Now, it may not be the best source of news but it's the only source I have and I miss it.

I think I want to have my dad mail me the Time magazines that he gets. The logical thing to do, of course, would be to just subscribe one for my apartment in Utah but c'mon! I don't have that kind of money! I'm what we call a Starving Student. I guess if I stopped buying food at the cafeteria and started making all of my meals I'd have more money but who wants to do that? I tried it and lasted 3 days.

In other news:
  1. I've made a couple goals for my life. One is to retire with enough money to have a chauffeur so that I don't kill people as I drive to the store to buy a cabbage. Another is to start a charity.
  2. I've decided that making a living by blogging is totally awesome. I'm not sure I have the writing skills or the eventful life needed for a successful blog. My life is pretty boring, or maybe I'm just not good at writing about things that happen in a way that people would be interested in reading. Maybe I should major in English...
  3. Coming home for breaks isn't as fun as it used to be. I'm feeling surprisingly frustrated and stressed at home. My parent's apartment is extremely comfortable but I don't think I could ever live with my parents again. I'm considering not coming home for winter break.
  4. I'm going to have to get a job as soon as possible. Christmas is coming around and it's only just recently that I realized that I don't have the money to buy Christmas and birthday presents. I can at least give late Christmas presents. I should also be adding money into my savings account.

No comments: